Friday, October 13, 2006

2 complaints for today

Well ... I guess technically it's only one complaint for today, and another complaint about yesterday, but that's just being picky.

First off, it snowed yesterday! WTF!? Frozen water ... falling from the sky ... and I'm not on top of a mountain with a snowboard strapped to my feet. This is not ok. Snow belongs at vacation destinations, not on the city streets ffs. I was just trying to enjoy a nice lunch in the sukkah ontop of my law school building, and it starts snowing! I thought I'd have a little more time here before that started. Oh well, hopefully it won't be doing it again soon.

Second, I've decided why it is I hate law school. It's not the actual school, its not the amount of work, its not the professor's grilling you; that's all things I can handle, I knew I'd signed up for coming into this mess. The longer I'm here, the more I realize, it's the other students that I hate, not the school.

Today the professor was talking about some theory of duty in torts, and he asked "Does anyone disagree with this?" One person raised their hand, and when called on answered "I agree with it because ..."

PUT YOUR DAMN HAND DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP. He did not ask if anyone agreed, he asked if anyone disagreed. You do not disagree so don't answer the damn question.

Uuuugh. Law school is like high school, but not all of that bothers me. Cliques are fine, gossipy as fuck is fine, its the small amount of people that's the problem for me. Looking back to high school I referred to a lot of people as situational friends. You really didn't have that much in common with people other than the fact you were in the same place at the same time with a limited amount of people. Sure you were "friends" when you where in school, but outside of it? You're completely different people. The same thing is true in law school for me. Yes there are a few really cool people that I enjoy hanging out with, but for the most part, if I wasn't in class with you, I probably would never want to talk to you; but now for some reason we go out to bars together? Ugh ....

I need to meet people that aren't law students. I hate these people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home